Congratulations to the four alumni who received 2016 Rodel Exemplary Principal Awards:
- Shannon Bonnette (BAE,1991), Richard E. Miller School, Washington Elementary District;
- Karie Burns (BAE, 2001 ), Surprise Elementary School, Dysart Unified District;
- Bennett MacKinney (MEd, 2006; EdD, 2015), Echo Mountain Intermediate School, Paradise Valley Unified District;
- Kate McDonald (MEd,1993), South Mountain High School, Phoenix Union High School District.
Congratulations also to the three alumni who were recognized as finalists for the award:
- Kathryn Mullery (BAE, 1979), Connolly Middle School, Tempe Elementary District;
- Melissa Rivers (MEd, 2006; PhD, 2011), South Ridge High School, The Leona Group, LLC;
- Michele Wilson (BAE, 1986; EdD, 2011), Westview High School, Tolleson Union High School District.
The Rodel Foundation of Arizona recognized a total of eight outstanding Arizona school leaders with this award. Principals were chosen for their demonstrated ability to inspire their staffs to contribute to school-wide success and the development of a campus that is high achieving, safe and welcoming. They receive recognition for making measurable differences in the lives of students, staff and the local community; an honorarium for their distinction; and the opportunity to give back to the next generation of school leaders by sharing expertise and experiences.
Rodel, in partnership with Social Venture Partners Arizona, developed the Rodel Exemplary Principal Initiative to recognize outstanding school principals and populate a pipeline of highly skilled school leaders for Arizona’s most challenged schools. Each cohort of Exemplary Principals provides professional development, field experience and ongoing mentorship to a class of Rodel Aspiring Principals. After learning from the best, these Aspiring Principals are better prepared to lead their own high-need schools. For more information about the award and the winners: http://rodelaz.org/meet-the-2016-rodel-exemplary-principals